I have a few family birthdays coming up so thought I had better get on and make some cards. I love the Kaisercraft mini Butterflies Stamp so decided to use that to make some pretty, girly cards.
I didn’t want to just add Happy Birthday to each card so instead used Kaisercraft’s Mini Clear stamps. They are perfect for adding something a little bit different to cards – there are over 20 stamps to choose from and some have four sentiments in the pack. I also used the Kaisercraft Journal Background Texture Stamp in the centre of each card.
All the Butterflies were stamped and then cut out, Crystal Lacquered and then layered up and decorated with rhinestones to give a sparkly, dimensional look.
The stitching around the edge of each card is done using the WRMK Sew Easy tool using a different stitch head for each card. To get the stitching fairly straight I ran the tool along the edge of a ruler which seemed to work well.
Here is a list of the products used in this project:
- CS758 Journal Background texture stamp
- CS908 Mini Clear Stamp – Butterflies
- ME-900 Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad
- SB701 Soft Pink Rhinestones
- T1-125 Bazzill Cardstock – Precious
- T9-943 Bazzill Cardstock – Brown
- T9-960 Bazzill Cardstock – Kraft
- CL-01802 Crystal Lacquer Set
- SEP-71053 Sew Easy Stitch Piercer
- SESP-71055 Sew Easy Zig-Zag head
- SESP-71059 Sew Easy Blanket head
- Pink Embroidery Thread
For these cards I used sentiments from two Kaisercraft Mini Clear Stamps sets (although many others are available) :