Today I would like to share with you some easy cards that double to hold both your message and a pre-purchased gift card! These have been made with the lovely UNCHARTED WATERS collection by Kaisercraft. I just love this collection with all the shells, beach creatures and boat related items! Since blue is my favourite colour, I love this collection for its colours too and because it is very suitable to co-ordinate in those mixed media effects. Although, for these simple cards I have focused on using the PAPER PAD – UNCHARTED WATERS COLLECTION and the STICKER BOOK – UNCHARTED WATERS COLLECTION. With just these items and some plain cards you could make so many of these useful cards that you would never run out!
To create this layout I followed the steps below:
- Take 4 pre-made cards with dimensions of 10.5 x 14.7 cm and use a PAPER DISTRESSER to distress the edges. Take 4 sheets from the PAPER PAD – UNCHARTED WATERS COLLECTION and cut down to 9.8 x 14.2 cm. Distress the edges and attach to cards, each one towards a different corner of the card, like shown in the picture below.
- Take 4 sheets from the PAPER PAD – UNCHARTED WATERS COLLECTION, and 2 sheets from FOIL PAPER PAD – FROST. Cut down to 8.4 x 12.3 cm and distress edges. Attached a foil sheet to each, in the middle of the 10.5 x 14.7 cm sheet.
- Take the paper pad sheets and a plastic gift card and trace the gift card in the middle of the sheet. Measure a line ~1 cm down from the top of the card and the use a CRAFT KNIFE to cut along this line.
- Put strips KAISERCRAFT 6MM DOUBLE-SIDED TAPE closely on the top of the cut line, ~5 mm from the outside edges of traced plastic card lines.
- Adhere to the focus corner of each card.
- Draw small arrows in pencil above the slit, this is to indicate “insert gift card here”. Decorate card with stickers from the STICKER BOOK – UNCHARTED WATERS COLLECTION.
- Take some of the “pop-out” embellishments from the PAPER PAD – UNCHARTED WATERS COLLECTION and attach to the cards with MOUNTING FOAM TAPE. For the middle element I have popped a little bit of CHEESECLOTH GAUZE underneath for a little bit more dimension.
I hope you have enjoyed reading this post and full instructions to recreate these cards.
Xx Roxii xX