Hi fellow crafters,
I was very excited to receive the GRAND BAZAAR collection to work on for this month. As soon as I saw it, I just knew I had the perfect photos to scrap using it! I think this collection is good for many different types of projects, from love photos, to adventures and childhood memories. It also very suitable for Male layouts and all sorts of greetings cards. This collection has many colours which can be used all together in a project or separated to focus on just 2 or 3 colours. I found that my photos suited the more selective type of colours. For this layout I have selected the red and black to emphasise passion. It also compliments the colours of photo which are mainly white and black with red highlights.
To create this layout I have followed the steps below:
- Take KAISERCARD RUBY WEAVE CARDSTOCK, trim to 12 inch x 12 inch and distress the edges using a PAPER DISTRESSER.
- Cut KAISERCARD INK WEAVE CARDSTOCK to 28 x 28 cm, distress the edges and adhere to the centre of the of the Ruby Cardstock.
- Take two pieces of FOLKLORE and trim both to 27 x 27 cm. You will use the red side of one and the black side of the other.
- Measure along the top FOLKLORE (red) at 10, 17 and 24 cm and mark with a pencil. Now measure and mark the same distances along the bottom. Draw a faint line connecting the marks vertically.
- Along the sides repeat the step above at 15 and 22 cm. Connect the pencil marks vertically.
- Erase the lines after the first vertical line (going top to bottom) meets the first horizontal line (from left to right). Using scissors to cut along the lines. You should be left with 1 x rectangle and 2x reverse L shaped pieces. Check the full layout photo to get a better understanding of the shape. Distress the edges of each piece.
- Next measure, and mark with a pencil, along the top FOLKLORE (black), 13.5 and 20.5 cm. Now measure and mark the same distances along the bottom. Draw a faint line connecting the marks vertically.
- Along the sides repeat the step above at 18.5 and 25.5 cm. Connect the pencil marks faintly.
- Repeat Step 6. You should be left with 2 x rectangle (one normal and the other tall and thin) and 1x reverse L shaped pieces. Distress the edges of each piece.
- Take the tall thin piece of FOLKLORE (black) and adhere to right side of the Ink cardstock, about 5 mm from its edges. Take the largest FOLKLORE (red) reverse L shaped peace and attach it over the right side of the black piece but also ~5 mm fro the edge of the Ink cardstock. Repeat with each black and red FOLKLORE piece, alternating, until you fill the middle of the Ink cardstock.
- Take a photo with dimensions of 8.7 x 13.7 cm and mat with two cardstock pieces, one cut from KAISERCARD RUBY WEAVE CARDSTOCK and the other from KAISERCARD INK WEAVE CARDSTOCK, with the same dimensions. Attach to the top left hand corner of the layout, ~ 4 cm from the edge of the layout.
- Fussy cut the flowers and leaves from BOHO PAISLEY and layer the from the top left to bottom right of the layout.
- Embellish with red flowers, flourishes and quotes from the COLLECTABLES – GRAND BAZAAR COLLECTION and STICKER BOOK – GRAND BAZAAR COLLECTION, CURIOS – GRAND BAZAAR COLLECTION, and MINI PAPER BLOOMS – RUBY.
Happy New Year!
And thank you for your support during 2019!
Xx Roxii xX