Hi fellow crafters,
I was very excited to receive the GRAND BAZAAR collection to work on for this month. As soon as I saw it, I just knew I had the perfect photos to scrap using it! I think this collection is good for many different types of projects, from love photos, to adventures and childhood memories. It also very suitable for Male layouts and all sorts of greetings cards. This collection has many colours which can be used all together in a project, or separated to focus on just 2 or 3 colours. I found that my photos suited the more selective type of colours. For example, I have focused on the blue, red and white for this layout, as it matches the clothing I am wearing in the photo. The pattern of this collection also matches the skirt and the touches of yellow and brown compliment the trees and grass in the background of the photo. I also really like how the large “love” word sticker suits the spots on the Dalmatian puppies that I am expressing loving.
To create this layout I have followed the steps below:
- Take CAREFREE and cut to seperate the 4 different strips. Trim the red and blue strips to 28.5 cm in length. Remove the two similar pages from PAPER PAD – GRAND BAZAAR COLLECTION and also cut into to separate strips. This time trim the of of each of the red and blue strips to 14 cm. Ink the edges of each strip in either DISTRESS INK PAD – AGED MAHOGANY or KAISERINK PAD – DENIM.
- Select the larger patterned strip with the the more reddish tones. Using a CRAFT KNIFE, cut along the yellow lines of the “four petal flower” shape, from the left side. Curl the “petals” up. To create a 3d flower, use the knife again on the same pattern on the right. However, this time only cut the tips of the “petals” and curl them up. FOAM TAPE the pre-cut “flower” at a 45 degree angle, in the middle of the one of the right hand side of the strip.
- Take the two smaller patterned strips with a blueish tone and use the craft knife to cut the tips of all three “flowers” in both strips. Take the other strips and cut out 6 “flowers” in total and foam tape in the middle of the other ones.
- Trim KAISERCARD SNOW WEAVE CARDSTOCK to 12 x 12 inches and ink the edges using an ink blending tool and DISTRESS INK PAD – AGED MAHOGANY. Use CLEAR STAMP – LATTICE to stamp the background in DISTRESS INK PAD – AGED MAHOGANY and KAISERINK PAD – DENIM.
- Take the 6 various sizes strips prepared earlier and adhere to your stamped cardstock as shown below:
- Take one red and one blue sheet from the PAPER PAD – GRAND BAZAAR COLLECTION and trim to 10.1 x 15 cm. Use these to frame a photo with dimensions of 9.5 x 14.5 cm
- Add mounted photo to the middle of the layout on left hand side. Foam tape the bottom strips from TEXTILES and PERSIAN RUG to the top and bottom of the largest patterned strip. Embellish with COLLECTABLES – GRAND BAZAAR COLLECTION, STICKER BOOK – GRAND BAZAAR COLLECTION, CURIOS – GRAND BAZAAR COLLECTION, MINI PAPER BLOOMS – ICEBERG and RHINESTONES – YELLOW.
Happy New Year!
And thank you for your support during 2019!
Xx Roxii xX