Today I would like to share a layout that I created using the UNDER THE GUM LEAVES Collection by Kaisercraft. This collection really inspired to hunt down some “Old Aussie Christmas” photo’s from my childhood. This photo is of my little brother opening his Christmas presents. This layout consists of many techniques including distressing, inking, stencilling, layering and fussy cutting. I have gone for a yellow and red theme with my favourite Australian animal- the platypus.
The steps I used to create this layout are as follows:
- Take four complementary sheets from PAPER PAD – UNDER THE GUM LEAVES COLLECTION, cut one to create a frame for your photo and cut the others to random sizes. Distress the edges with PAPER DISTRESSER and ink edges with KAISERINK PAD – AMBER or KAISERINK PAD – CHOCOLATE. Layer randomly behind the photo.
- Continue layering until all the pieces are used.
- Cut KAISERCARD IVORY PREMIUM CARDSTOCK to 30.5 x30.5 cm. Distress the edges with PAPER DISTRESSER and ink edges with KAISERINK PAD – AMBER. Using an ink blending tool and KAISERINK PAD – AMBER transfer the gum leaf pattern of GUM LEAF MINI DESIGNER STENCIL to the left, top and right edges of the cardstock. In KAISERINK PAD – CHOCOLATE, randomly stamp TINY DOTS background stamp in the centre of the layout.
- Attach layered photo to the middle of the layout. Fussy cut the platypus from FAUNA – UNDER THE GUM LEAVES COLLECTION and the platypus from the PAPER PAD – UNDER THE GUM LEAVES COLLECTION, layer at the bottom right of the photo.
- Fussy cut the flowers and holly from HOME FOR CHRISTMAS – UNDER THE GUM LEAVES COLLECTION and some leaves from GUM LEAVES – UNDER THE GUM LEAVES COLLECTION, layer around photo. Embellish with FLOURISH PACK – UNDER THE GUM LEAVES COLLECTION and CHEESECLOTH GAUZE.
- Cover photo with scrap paper and splatter KAISERMIST SPRAY INK – YELLOW 50ML. Embellish with RHINESTONES – DEEP YELLOWI hope you have enjoyed reading this post and full instructions to recreate this layout. I have made a twin page of this layout which I have titled “Echidna Kisses”. For this one I have focused on the using green and red for colours and Echidna from FAUNA – UNDER THE GUM LEAVES COLLECTION as the main feature, however this layout could easily be made with any of the animals and any colours!
Xx Roxii xX