Today I would like to share a layout that I created using the UNDER THE GUM LEAVES Collection by Kaisercraft. This collection really inspired to hunt down some “Old Aussie Christmas” photo’s from my childhood. This one contains a photo from a Christmas Party where my mum are engaging in the true Christmas spirit of dressing up. For this layout I have gone for something a little more elegant and focused on the gorgeous gum leaves, using them to create a lovely curtain for my photo to sit under. The deep red and black in this layout with the touches of gold throughout compliment
To create this Layout I followed the following steps:
- Cut KAISERCARD SPEARMINT WEAVE CARDSTOCK to 28 x 28 cm and stamped it with the CLEAR TEXTURE STAMP – PAINT SPLATTER in KAISERINK PAD – FOREST. Ink edges directly with the KAISERINK PAD – FOREST.
- Cut KAISERCARD MAROON PREMIUM CARDSTOCK to 27 x 27 cm, and ink edges with KAISERINK PAD – GOLD PIGMENT. Cut out the centre to use around the photo later. Attach to the frame to the middle of prepared KAISERCARD SPEARMINT WEAVE CARDSTOCK.
- Cut WATTLE – UNDER THE GUM LEAVES COLLECTION (reverse) to 26 x 26 cm, ink edges with KAISERINK PAD – GOLD PIGMENT and attach to the middle of KAISERCARD MAROON PREMIUM CARDSTOCK.
- Using a paint brush, splatter KAISERMIST SPRAY INK – GOLD SHIMMER 50ML onto layout.
- Cut KAISERCARD INK WEAVE CARDSTOCK to 30.5 x 30.5 cm. Ink edges with KAISERINK PAD – GOLD PIGMENT and splatter with KAISERMIST SPRAY INK – GOLD SHIMMER 50ML.
- Attach the Wattle-Maroon-Spearmint layered piece to the centre of the KAISERCARD INK WEAVE CARDSTOCK using MOUNTING FOAM TAPE or spare thick cardboard and tape.
- Fussy cut the leaves and Christmas balls from 2x GUM LEAVES – UNDER THE GUM LEAVES COLLECTION. Additionally, fussy cut some of the leaves from back of the left over too. Layer them on the top and down the sides of the WATTLE – UNDER THE GUM LEAVES COLLECTION part if the layout.
- Cut a photo frame at 12 x17 cm out of the left over KAISERCARD MAROON PREMIUM CARDSTOCK, ink edges in KAISERINK PAD – GOLD PIGMENT and attach in the centre of the layout.
- Cut a second photo frame of gold foil from FOIL PAPER PAD – FESTIVE with dimensions of 11 x 16 cm. Attach a photo to the middle andMOUNTING FOAM TAPE the combination to the KAISERCARD MAROON PREMIUM CARDSTOCK frame.
- Embellish with the bottom strip fromWATTLE – UNDER THE GUM LEAVES COLLECTION, CURIOS – UNDER THE GUM LEAVES COLLECTION, RHINESTONES – DEEP YELLOW and CLEAR ZIG WINK OF STELLA BRUSH MARKER.
I hope you have enjoyed reading this post and full instructions to recreate this layout.
Xx Roxii xX