Next I tried to do something which was a disaster but turned out really well in the end! I placed the Arrows 6 x 6 Designer Stencil onto the top left corner of my page, masked off all but one corner of the stencil and sprayed black Kaisermist Spray through it. Unfortunately, this didn’t work how I wanted it to as the spray bled under the stencil and made a splodgy mess! I retrieved the situation by grabbing some course texture paste and spreading this through the stencil before I removed it. I was thrilled with the result as it now had a similar look to the buildings featured in the photo I was going to use.
I repeated the process at the bottom right of my page.
I cut four sets of buildings using the Buildings Decorative Die from Vanilla cardstock and backed these with scraps cut from the Road Map paper which made the windows of the buildings stand out. I added these to the Top right and bottom left of my page.
Underneath the photo I added a border from the 6.5 x 6.5 paper pad and a flimstrip from the Acetate sheet with a camera from the Collectables pack. A sticker from the sticker sheet was added underneath this.
The final step was to add my title using Ebony alphas and some black pearls finishing off with Black Paper Blooms and some Black Mini Paper Blooms together with some leaves cut from the remaining piece of Carry On paper placed at the top left and bottom right of my page.
I was really happy with how my ‘disaster’ turned into a ‘triumph!