Hello crafty friends,
Today I would like to share with you a very vibrant yellow and black themed layout that I created using the SUNKISSED Collection by Kaisercraft. This yellow, pineapple patterned paper really caught my attention from this collection, I just had to create something quick and fun with it. This layout could be created with many fun photos but I decided to choose a beach themed one to get into the summer feel, as the weather is warming up for us here in the Northern Hemisphere.
To create this layout I followed the steps below:
- Trim PINA COLADA – SUNKISSED COLLECTION to 29 x 29 cm. Ink the edges using an ink blending tool and Black Soot-Oxide Ink or KAISERINK PAD – LICORICE.
- Take MINI BACKGROUND STAMP – SCREEN and adhere to an ACRYLIC STAMPING BLOCK. Because all Distress Inks are water based, they do not work well with any acrylic stamp unless the stamp is “dirty” or sanded lightly. To get a crisp image I first ink the stamp with a non water based ink and then directly on top I use the Oxide Ink. This is so the image is crisp but will run when water is added. Stamp along bottom and in the area where you plan to adhere matted photo.
- Apply Black Soot-Oxide Ink to an INKSSENTIALS CRAFT SHEET, spray water on top and place layout on top in areas you would like the spattered black ink. Repeat until happy with the effect.
- Trim KAISERCARD CANARY WEAVE CARDSTOCK to 30.5 x 30.5 cm and ink edges. Adhere PINA COLADA. Adhere a strip of KAISERCARD INK WEAVE CARDSTOCK (29 x 1.5 cm) to the centre of the the stamped strip. Adhere bottom strip from PINEAPPLE SOUR – SUNKISSED COLLECTION to the black strip with MOUNTING FOAM TAPE.
- Take the pineapple sheet from the PAPER PAD – SUNKISSED COLLECTION and use an ink blending tool and Distress Oxide- Black Soot to ink the whole sheet. Use a tissue or wet wipe to remove the ink from the glossy pineapples.
- Cut the pineapple sheet to 14.8 x 9.2 cm and frame photo (12.8 x 8.4 cm). Cut two squares from the pineapple paper 3.5 x 3.5 cm. Cut the squares in half diagonally but in opposite directions to always have the pineapples facing the right way.
- Cut KAISERCARD INK WEAVE CARDSTOCK to 15.6 x 10 cm and adhere to photo stack. Cut two 4 x 4 cm squares of INK and then diagonally. Adhere the pineapple triangles to the INK triangles and FOAM TAPE one to each corner of the layout.
- Take the black striped sheet from the PAPER PAD – SUNKISSED COLLECTION, ink edges and adhere to the middle of the mixed media area of your layout. FOAM TAPE the matted photo the striped sheet.
- Fussy cut the yellow flowers, white frangipanis, yellow butterflies and blue-green fronds from TUTTI FRUTTI – SUNKISSED COLLECTION, and its mini version in the PAPER PAD – SUNKISSED COLLECTION and PINA COLADA – SUNKISSED COLLECTION. Embellish layout with cut elements and COLLECTABLES – SUNKISSED COLLECTION.
- Splatter layout with KAISERMIST SPRAY INK – YELLOW 50ML. Further embellish with glass domes and a title- I have used a laser cut word that I have sprayed with KAISERMIST SPRAY INK – YELLOW 50ML and covered in Glossy Accents.
I hope this post inspires you to purchase this bright and fun collection and you enjoy using it as much as I have!
Xx Roxii xX