Today I would like to share a layout that I created using the UNDER THE GUM LEAVES Collection by Kaisercraft. This collection really inspired to hunt down some “Old Aussie Christmas” photo’s from my childhood. This one contains a photo taken on Christmas morning after Santa had left our Christmas present in the paddock. Here I have focused on using representing the Cockatoo in this layout as these birds can be very cheeky in nature, which connects to the children playing. They also appear to be looking eagerly and awaiting their turn to play.
To create this Layout I followed the following steps:
- Trim BOTTLE BRUSH – UNDER THE GUM LEAVES COLLECTION to 30.5 x 30.5 cm and cut out the centre to get a piece that is 22 x 22 cm. Distress the edges with PAPER DISTRESSER and ink with KAISERINK PAD – FOREST and an ink blending tool.
- Using KAISERINK PAD – FOREST and an ink blending tool, transfer the GUM LEAF MINI DESIGNER STENCIL pattern onto the smaller piece of BOTTLE BRUSH – UNDER THE GUM LEAVES COLLECTION.
- Cut GOLDEN GLITTER CARDSTOCK to 23.5 x 23.5 cm and KAISERCARD CACTUS WEAVE CARDSTOCK to 24.5 x 24.5 cm. Distress the edges with PAPER DISTRESSER and ink with KAISERINK PAD – FOREST and an ink blending tool.
- Attach the smallBOTTLE BRUSH – UNDER THE GUM LEAVES COLLECTION to the GOLDEN GLITTER CARDSTOCK . Attach this combination to the KAISERCARD CACTUS WEAVE CARDSTOCK. Foam tape (or Cardboard and tape) this tripled layer to the lagerBOTTLE BRUSH – UNDER THE GUM LEAVES COLLECTION. Using a paint brush and KAISERMIST SPRAY INK – YELLOW 50ML, paint some additional wattle flowers onto the background.
- Fussy cut the Cockatoo, leaves and wattle flowers from Cockatoo paper. MOUNTING FOAM TAPE to the left hand side of the centre BOTTLE BRUSH – UNDER THE GUM LEAVES COLLECTION. Frame photo (15.4 x 10.2 cm) with the green and red striped paper from the PAPER PAD – UNDER THE GUM LEAVES COLLECTION.
- Embellish layout with another cockatoo and messages from the PAPER PAD – UNDER THE GUM LEAVES COLLECTION, stickers from the STICKER BOOK – UNDER THE GUM LEAVES COLLECTION, RHINESTONES – DEEP YELLOW and clear glitter glue.
I hope you have enjoyed reading this post and full instructions to recreate this layout.
Xx Roxii xX