Today I am sharing a layout that I have created using Kaisercraft’s CRAFTERNOON Collection. I was excited to use this collection! I think it is very versatile and it just perfect to capture and record those creative memories, especially for those photos that are a little more difficult to use with “just any collection”. For this layout I have decided to focus on the greens in this collection which coordinate with the green that I have highlighted in my black and white photo. I really wanted to use this collection to scrapbook this photo of my best friend because she opened my eyes to the world of scrapbooking, before I was only a card maker! I was able to easily use the doily patterns, a lace side punch and paper blooms to make this layout quite elegant to match the photo. This highlights the versatility of this collection.
To create this layout I followed the steps below:
- Trim CUT AND PASTE – CRAFTERNOON COLLECTION to 30.5 x 30.5 cm. Using TEXTURE PASTE transfer the pattern from QUILTED 6X6 DESIGNER STENCIL 1.5 cm from the left-hand side and 4 cm from the right-hand side.
- Cut the top of EMBROIDERY – CRAFTERNOON COLLECTION at 15 x 30.5 cm and punch both long sides with a decorative punch or border die cut. Stitch from the top to the bottom at ~ 0.5 cm from the punched pattern, on both sides, and one line down the centre in a dark green thread.
- Cut a strip of KAISERCARD ANCHOR WEAVE CARDSTOCK 19 x 30.5 cm and another two 3 cm x 30.5, punch the two long sides of the large piece and one side of the thinner pieces with a decorative punch or border die cut. Attach this strip ~4 cm from the left-hand side of the layout.
- Cut the the grey, white and green rulers from MEASURED – CRAFTERNOON COLLECTION, and the bottom strips from BACK STITCH – CRAFTERNOON COLLECTION and DIY – CRAFTERNOON COLLECTION.
- Ink all strips with KAISERINK PAD – SMOKE and an ink blending tool. Layer the strips onto the largest piece of Anchor Cardstock and foam tape ~4.5 cm from the left-hand side of the Cut and Paste background.
- Fussy cut the light green and dark green doilies from CROCHET – CRAFTERNOON COLLECTION and from the PAPER PAD – CRAFTERNOON COLLECTION. Ink all strips with KAISERINK PAD – SMOKE and an ink blending tool. Layer the doilies in the top left and bottom right corners of the layout.
- Take a photo (8.6 x 12.6 cm) and frame with a piece of KAISERCARD ANCHOR WEAVE CARDSTOCK (10.6 x 14.6 cm). Attach framed photo to the middle of the layered section and embellish with more doilies and COLLECTABLES – CRAFTERNOON COLLECTION.
- Further embellish with CURIOS – CRAFTERNOON COLLECTION, MINI PAPER BLOOMS – SEA BREEZE, PAPER BLOOMS – COCONUT, RHINESTONES – ISLAND LAGOON and splatters of KAISERMIST SPRAY INK – BLACK 50ML.
I hope you have enjoyed reading this post and full instructions to recreate this layout.
Xx Roxii xX