We Just Knew We Were Having Fun with Native Breeze

Hello, Karen here with my first layout using Native Breeze from Kaisercraft.  Now I was a little unsure of this paper range as I thought I would struggle as it is very ‘Australian’ but no – it was a ‘breeze’ (see what I did there) to work with and I was able to make pages that I was really happy with.
We Didn't Realise

I started by spending a happy afternoon cutting all the flowers from two sheets of Wattle Flower, one sheet of Banksia Bouquet and the corresponding paper from the 6.5 x 6.5 paper pad.  I then had plenty of flowers for my layout with some to spare.

I cut a piece of  the remaining Wattle Flower to six inches tall and added it to the centre of a piece of Ink Weave Kaisercard. next I added a 4 in piece of Pink Protea (mustard side showing) and finally to the centre of this added a 3 in piece of Flowering.  I finished this central strip with rows of stitching to the top and bottom of both the Wattle Flower and Pink Protea.   My 3in x 4in photo was placed centrally onto this.

IMG_2674

The flowers cut from Wattle Flower were added to the top left and bottom right of my cardstock with the straight edges aligning to the corners of the page.  I then extended my clusters across the page using some of the flowers I had fussy cut from Banksia Bouquet and the corresponding paper from the 6.5 x 6.5 paper pad and some leaves and flowers form the Collectables Pack.

IMG_2669

Note – the rectangle of paper with hexagons is not from this range but I was using it to decide on my photo size and placement

I added two parrots from the Collectables Pack to the top right and bottom left of my central strips of paper and finished by using the wording from the bottom of the sheet of Pink Protea as my title.

IMG_2790

IMG_2789

I think that the vibrant pinks and yellows of this range look gorgeous against a black background.

Karen xIMG_2792 IMG_2791