Holly Jolly Advent Tree

Hi Everyone,

Something a little different from me this month, an advent calendar Christmas tree called Christmas Countdown with which I have used The Holly Jolly Kaisercraft Collection.

IMG_9293 smallI began by tracing around the tree on Gleeful then cut just inside the line for a perfect fit.

IMG_9273 small IMG_9274 smallNext I inked around the edges of the tree and a little way onto the sides with Cracked Pistachio, the edges of the paper with this and also a little Black Soot, and stuck it down with a Kaisercraft Glue Stick. This allows a little movement for adjusting and forms a strong bond.

IMG_9275 small

IMG_9276 small

The base was given the same treatment but I only used Black Soot around the edges. This piece I covered with Joyous paper including the cut off strip along the front edge as I wanted the words to show. I used a craft knife around the edge and to cut a cross in the apertures. These were then folded over, trimmed and glued into place before attaching the lower part of the base. Don’t forget to trim the slot for the tree too. I added squares of Cheery from the paper pad underneath too.

IMG_9277 smallNext it was time to trim the tree so I cut 1″ strips from the Joyous paper, marked a guideline @ 1/4″ then cut to the line with shredding scissors. Normal scissors would work too though.

IMG_9279 smallOnce dusted with some Barn Door and shaped with a bone folder, these were added to give the effect of tinsel. A thin piece of decorative ribbon added along the top. With the small border they are quite flexible and can be easily bent.

IMG_9280 smallBaubles from The Collectables were inked and placed with mounting tape plus some round messages from the paper pad. Ribbon bows were added to the tops and chunky glitter around the edges. At the top I used a Doily shape from The Collectables and a circular message from the paper pad also mounted on foam.

IMG_9296 smallRandom red pearls were dotted around.

IMG_9294 smallLast but not least, the cubes. I had stuck these together earlier using tacky glue and allowed them to set hard. Papers from the paper pad were trimmed to 8cm square and adhered to each side using wet glue around the edge and the glue stick in the centre. All the edges were inked with Black Soot.

IMG_9281 smallOnce in place, I cut the squares and some individual numbers from Peppy for the calendar, working out that the cubes needed to be completed as below in order to cover 1-25 –

Cube 1 – 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

Cube 2 – 0, 1, 2, 7, 8, 6 (9).

Peppy - Holly Jolly Collection

These were then added to the faces of the cubes with 6x6cm mounts or Stampin’ Up Scalloped punch-outs. A liberal coat of Matte Medium sealed all the edges.

I hope you have enjoyed this little project and will have a go a making one – there is still plenty of time to do so – have fun.

Take care,

~ Linda ~

Tags

Read Related Posts: