Today I’ve got for you all a mini Album tutorial using our beautiful Spring Bloom Collection Kit .
The album is about our trip back to Stoke-on-Trent to visit our friends and Family, this one is about our friends and us.
First I’m going to show what it looks like:
So what do you think?
Ready to make something with me yourself?
Let’s get started!
1. The main thing I concentrate on before I choose any papers etc. is the pictures! So choose the pictures that you are going to put into your mini album (I choose 7 – one to go on the cover and 6 to go inside which means I need 4 pieces of card to make 8 pages).
2. Now we are going to prepare the base using white A4 card (preferably 250GSM). Cut it in half and then into 5.5inch x 5.5inch (14cm x 14cm). You will need four of them (unless you choose more pictures).
3. Let’s choose the papers to go onto the white papers. I’m going to use Spring Bloom Collection Paper Pad. Glue it to the white paper and cut away the extra paper so they still have the same nice 5.5 inch size.
4. Now using a hole puncher punch some holes so we can keep the pages together.
5. Let’s make the cover. Using a nice soft brush and White Gesso let’s make some ‘texture’ on the cover, so it looks nice and bright. Then add some drops of Kaisercolour Acrylic Black Paint , when it dries use some background stamps ( I used Kaisercraft Clear Stamp – Hessian)
6. When everything dries we need to glue our picture down to the cover, add some washi tape at the top and the bottom of the picture (choose the colour that you feel will suit your picture). I choose a nice embellishment from my 6×6 paper pad and to give it a nice finish I added some Yellow Pearls onto the other side of the picture. And we finished making the cover, not so difficult ha? 😉
7. Now I want to to create the rest of the pages using the same ‘technique’. I’m going to show you few more closer pictures with some tips.
7.1. Pearls – they are absolutely beautiful to give a nice touch to the page.
7.2. It’s always nice to add a few bits and bobs + some journaling. I used some Collectables.
7.3. Badges and Buttons! They are great to add somewhere around the picture or on it. You can find a beautiful range of them in our store here. Also I added some white gesso onto one ;).
7.4. 3D foam pads + orange twine . Sometimes notes look better if you make them ‘pop out’ a little bit and add some twine under ;).
Thank you so much for popping in today, I hope you enjoyed this Tutorial.