Linda here with a layout using the magnificent Time Machine collection.
I prefer to do this with the stamp unmounted. I then gutted out the centre to approx 2 1/2″ from the edge. The remainder was die-cut using the new decorative die bricks (pieces that came out are saved for next project!) and brushed with Black Soot Ink too.
I then took Mechanism paper and trimmed to 11″ square, distressing the edges with the Tim Holtz tool – I have a few and this one is definitely my favourite! This was placed onto the base with a glue runner. From the paper pad I took the sheet matching Hourglass and cut to 4 1/2″ and distressed the edge, next the paper matching Scriptorian, trimmed to 6 1/4 x 4 1/4″ then Steam Engine (12×12) cut to 8×8″ and distressed these edges too. I retained the dotty strip from the bottom of this too.
Then it was time to assemble – and I layered as below –
Once dry the colours lighten and really sparkle. The edges were inked with Black soot then faux stitched with Black Micron pen. The photograph is 6×4″, covered with a Kaisercraft Overlay, this was matted onto the Scriptorian paper and raised with foam tape.
I added little letters from the Sticker sheet to create my title and also a sentiment which I cut and layered below the photo.
This is the culprit who inspired me and sat on my feet while I made this page
~ Linda ~