The Homemade collection is perfect for homely pictures. And what could be more homely than relaxing on the couch on a peaceful Sunday afternoon (unless, of course, someone decides to get the camera out and start taking pictures)…
For this layout I used the fabulous Homemade paper collection to reflect the cosy, warm subject of the photo. I added buttons, stitching and lace as well as cutting out images of scrabble tiles, cross-stitch and a cuckoo clock from the papers.
To give the photo a more homely feel I used Picasa’s “warmify” option when printing out the photo – I think it works really well. Wamify is just one of many great effects available in Picasa and similar image manipulation software – sepia, saturation, glow and soft focus can all be used to add a twist to your photos and make them really stand out on your layout.
Here is a list of the products used on this layout:
- P568 Simple Stitches paper (Homemade collection)
- P569 Friendly Family paper (Homemade collection)
- P573 Warm Welcome paper (Homemade collection)
- P574 Comfy Corner paper (Homemade collection)
- RB879 Brown Rub-ons (Homemade collection)
- RB880 Colour Rub-ons (Homemade collection)
- EM936 Embellishment Pack – Buttons (Homemade collection)
- PL504 Chocolate Pearl Strips
- CL-01802 Crystal Lacquer Set
- MA503 Chocolate/White Mini Alpha Stickers
- EM927 Cream Lace Pack