When I started this layout the idea was to use up all my scraps of similar colours of papers. Unfortunately that’s not quite how it worked since I decided that I just had to go with a complete collection, in this case the Kaisercraft Dancing Jewel collection, since it worked particularly well with the colours in the photo.
The photo on the layout was taken several years ago just after my daughter had started Reception year at school. We took this photo of her when she arrived home especially happy after a good day at school.
I cut lots of strips from the Dancing Jewel Collection, inked round all the edges and then stuck them to the French Vanilla Bazzill Cardstock. I also cut out and layered some of the Dragonflys and flowers from the same collection. The Black Rub-ons from the Secret Bird Society collection worked really well with the Dragonflys and the rhinestones add sparkle to the layout.
The design of the layout was inspired by a class on Two Peas in a Bucket and by my friend Karen (thanks Karen, xxx).
I used the following products to make the layout:
- Dancing Jewel paper collection
- SB1155 – Dancing Jewel Brad Set
- T5-590 – Palo Verde Bazzill Cardstock
- T8-811 – French Vanilla Bazzill Cardstock
- RB871 – Secret Bird Society Rub-ons
- RB916 – Girls Rub-ons
- RS401 – Wine Rhinestones
- RS407 – Split Pea Rhinestones
- IP715 – Kaisercraft Lilac Ink Pad
- SESP -71056 – Scallop Style Stitch Piercer Head
- CL-01802 – Crystal Lacquer Set
- Purple Cotton