This lovely photo had been waiting for two years to be scrapped and then, when the Kaisercraft Bubblegum Hills Collection was released in March, I knew that, with it’s gorgeous Butterflies, I’d found the perfect papers for the photo.
The photo was taken at my sisters wedding. It was a lovely day and Merley and her two cousins were having fun playing and running around the garden in their pretty dresses, like butterflies flitting around in the sun.
I used the reverse of the Sherbet paper from the Candy Lane collection (with its subtly distressed pink patterning) as the background and cut out lots of Glitter Butterflies from the lovely Fruity Galaxy Glitter paper to layer along a stitched line (created with the WRMK Sew Easy tool). I used a few of the border strips from the Candy Confetti paper and cut out and layered the flowers from the Calipso Punch paper. The Bubblegum Hills collection has some fabulous rub-ons so I used a combination of both the colour and black ones on this layout. The rub-on saying ‘Little Girls Like Butterflies Need No Excuse’ (from RB916) couldn’t be any more perfect for this layout.
I used the following products to make the layout:
- P633 – Calipso Punch 12 x 12 paper (Bubblegum Hills Collection)
- P635 – Candy Confetti 12 x 12 paper (Bubblegum Hills Collection)
- PS140 – Fruity Galaxy Glitter 12 x 12 paper (Bubblegum Hills Collection)
- P577 – Sherbet 12 x 12 paper (Candy Lane Collection)
- RB897 – Black Rub-ons (Bubblegum Hills Collection)
- RB898 – Colour Rub-ons (Bubblegum Hills Collection)
- RB916 – Girls Rub-ons
- SB701 – Soft Pink Rhinestones
- SEP-71053 – Sew Easy Stitch Piercer
- CL-01802 Crystal Lacquer Set
- Black thread