I love this photo of Merley when she was a baby. It was taken during a day out in Morecambe when, like you do, we bought some ice cream. It was actually Merley’s first ever Ice Cream and she absolutely loved it even though it got a bit messy as you can see.
I have had this photo pinned on the board above my desk for about 8 years now. I have been meaning to use it in a layout for some time but the colours are very bright so finding the right collection was a bit difficult – until Kaisercraft’s Party Animals collection came out !
I used the reverse of the Woo-hoo paper for the base and half of the Tee-hee die-cut paper over the top. The Chuckle Gloss Varnish Speciality paper was perfect for cutting out all the little animals (the monkeys are so cute !). I used a variety of papers and cut strips to layour under the photo and the banner came from the sticker sheet. The Sunrise thread from the Sew Easy Fancy Floss Variegated Secondary pack was a perfect match to the colours of the layout so I used it to sew a Zig-Zag all around the layout.
I used the following materials to make the layout:
- P658 – Yippee 12 x 12 paper, Party Animals Collection
- P659 – Celebrate 12 x 12 paper, Party Animals Collection
- P661 – Jive 12 x 12 paper, Party Animals Collection
- P662 – Hooray 12 x 12 paper, Party Animals Collection
- P663 – Woo-hoo 12 x 12 paper, Party Animals Collection
- PS146 – Tee-hee Die-cut paper, Party Animals Collection
- PS147 – Chuckle Gloss paper, Party Animals Collection
- SS101 – Sticker Sheet, Party Animals Collection
- RB919 – Colour Rub-ons, Party Animals Collection
- SEFFV-71155 – Sew Easy Fancy Floss, Variegated Secondary colours
- SB710 – Rhinestones, Orange
And I used the following tools: