Today I am sharing a fun layout that focusses the pink flamingos and pink flowers of the SUNKISSED Collection by Kaisercraft. The irony of this layout and the photo is that flamingos can’t fly and neither can I, no matter how much we try! I enjoyed adding a couple of mixed media techniques to this layout too.
To create this layout I have followed the steps below:
- Cut DAQUIRI – SUNKISSED COLLECTION down to 24.5 x 24.5 cm (keeping off cuts) and distress edges with a PAPER DISTRESSER. Using a blending tool, ink KAISERINK PAD – FLAMINGO though TINY TRIANGLES 6X6 DESIGNER STENCIL down the right side of DAQUIRI and a little bit in the top left corner as well.
- Colour some TEXTURE PASTE with KAISERCOLOUR PAINT – BLACK 75ML and transfer through the long palm frond in the TROPICAL LEAVES 6X6 DESIGNER STENCIL onto DAQUIRI.
- Trim COCONUT – SUNKISSED COLLECTION to 30.5 x 30.5 cm, KAISERCARD INK WEAVE CARDSTOCK to 26.5 x 26.5 cm and KAISERCARD LIPSTICK WEAVE CARDSTOCK to 25.5 x 25.5 cm, keep the off cuts. Distress edges and adhere INK to COCONUT, and LIPSTICK to INK.
- Take all the off cuts and select the widest of each paper. Trim to 24.5 cm long. Rip the edges of DAQUIRI. Rip INK and LIPSTICK in half.
- Adhere DAQUIRI to LIPSTICK. Layer and adhere the ripped strips on the right side of the layout.
- Prepare a photo mat by cutting KAISERCARD INK WEAVE CARDSTOCK to 11.2 x 11.2 cm and the pink striped sheet from PAPER PAD – SUNKISSED COLLECTION to 10.5 x 10.5 cm. adhere to each other and to the layout in the top right corner.
- Adhere photo with dimensions 9.8 x 9.8 cm to the photo mat. Fussy cut the distinct pink flowers from the PAPER PAD, TUTTI FRUTTI – SUNKISSED COLLECTION, and take them from the COLLECTABLES – SUNKISSED COLLECTION to cluster them in the top corners of the layout.
- Further embellish with COLLECTABLES, CHEESECLOTH GAUZE and RHINESTONES – HOT PINK.
I hope this post inspires you to purchase this bright and fun collection and you enjoy using it as much as I have!
Xx Roxii xX