Today I am sharing a beautiful layout I have created using the NATIVE BREEZE Collection. I have focused on the pinks blacks and teals of this collection to capture the stunning photo I have used. This amazing photo was taken by my very talented Uncle Ray, who has kindly let me use this photo in my work. With this work, supported by Merly Impressions, I am hoping to raise money to donate to help the wild life recover from the 2019-2020 Bushfires in Australia. A big thanks to Chrissy and Merly Impressions for supporting this fund raising endeavour.
To create this layout I have followed the steps below:
- Take SOUTHERN SKY – NATIVE BREEZE COLLECTION, trim to28 x 28 cm, round the top left hand corner and splatter with KAISERMIST SPRAY INK – NAVY 50ML. Measure 7 cm along the bottom edge and 7 cm down the right edge, draw a line between the two markings and cut along the line. Take your favourite border punch and punch along both sides of your cut. Trim down the small triangle as much as you like, until you reach your desired size.
- Ink all edges in KAISERINK PAD – SEA BREEZE and stamp CLEAR STAMP – LATTICE in the bottom left corner using the same ink.
- Stamp CLEAR STAMP – SCRIPT BACKGROUND in KAISERINK PAD – LICORICE along the diagonal edges of Southern Sky paper.
- Trim KAISERCARD INK WEAVE CARDSTOCK to 30 x 30 cm and using your favourite border and corner punch set, punch the top and left side of the cardstock.
- Trim KAISERCARD THYME WEAVE CARDSTOCK to 30.5 x 30.5 cm and ink the edges in KAISERINK PAD – SEA BREEZE (keep off cut for later). Adhere the punched Ink cardstock the the bottom right corner of the Thyme cardstock. Then adhere Southern Sky paper ~0.5 cm in from the edges of the Ink cardstock.
- Take photo with dimensions of 12.5 x 12.5 cm and frame with a spotty black sheet from PAPER PAD – NATIVE BREEZE COLLECTION. take some of the other sheets from the paper pad and other left over pieces to layer in strips under the right side of the framed photo.
- Take the trimmed Thyme cardstock strip and stamp CLEAR STAMP – LATTICE in KAISERINK PAD – SEA BREEZE. Adhere to the Ink cardstock, in the middle of the diagonal strip, and trim over hangs. Adhere photo to the middle of the layout using MOUNTING FOAM TAPE.
- Fussy cut leaves from GUM LEAVES – NATIVE BREEZE COLLECTION and FLOWERING – NATIVE BREEZE COLLECTION and layer on the bottom right of the photo and in the top right of the layout.
- Embellish with Open Road flourish pack, RHINESTONES – SOFT PINK, CURIOS – NATIVE BREEZE COLLECTION PAPER BLOOMS – FAIRY FLOSS and MINI PAPER BLOOMS – FAIRY FLOSS.
- Additionally, I am planning to sell this layout to raise money for helping Australia recovery from the nasty bushfires that ravaged a lot of the country over summer. If you are interested please contact me at email@example.com, via Facebook at roxiiscraftstudio, or at the March Crop where you can also see it in real life. Just a reminder that I am also selling my cards which can be found at Australian Bushfire Recovery- Card Sale on Facebook Xx.
I hope you enjoyed reading all about how I created this beautifully Australian themed layout!
Xx Roxii xX