Hi fellow crafters,
I was very excited to receive the GRAND BAZAAR collection to work on for this month. As soon as I saw it, I just knew I had the perfect photos to scrap using it! I think this collection is good for many different types of projects, from love photos, to adventures and childhood memories. It also very suitable for Male layouts and all sorts of greetings cards. This collection has many colours which can be used all together in a project or separated to focus on just 2 or 3 colours. I found that my photos suited the more selective type of colours. For example, I have focused on the blue and yellow tones for this layout. I have then further focused on the doors and tiles to compliment my photo and to express my memory of Portugal as you will find many intricate tiles and beautiful doors during an adventure there.
To create this layout I have followed the steps below:
- Take CERAMIC TILES (yellow side), trim to 29.5 x 29.5 cm. Using a CRAFT KNIFE, cut 4 sets of 5 tiles from the middle of the reverse side. Apply TEXTURE PASTE to the yellow side of the page, in the middle of of each side, through the ORNATE DAMASK 6X6 DESIGNER STENCIL.
- Use KAISERINK PAD – DENIM to stamp CLEAR STAMP – LATTICE on to the prepared CERAMIC TILES background.
- Cut KAISERCARD BLUEBERRY WEAVE CARDSTOCK to 12 x12 inch. Adhere prepared CERAMIC TILES to the middle of the cardstock, leaving the bottom right hand corner free to be folded back. Fold back corner and adhere the tip. Slot one of the 5 tile sets under the folded corner and adhere.
- Take photo with dimensions of 10.2 x14 cm and adhere to a yellow sheet from PAPER PAD – GRAND BAZAAR COLLECTION with dimension of 11.3 x 15 cm. Foam tape mounted photo onto a blue patterned sheet, also from PAPER PAD – GRAND BAZAAR COLLECTION, with dimensions of 13 x 16.5 cm. Foam tape to the centre of the layout.
- Cut the blue and yellow doors and patterned sections from DOORWAY – GRAND BAZAAR COLLECTION and the matching sheets from PAPER PAD – GRAND BAZAAR COLLECTION. Layer these around the the photo, trimming them if required. Cut down the 3 left over sets of 5 tiles from Step 1 and layer them around the photo.
- Embellish the layout with COLLECTABLES – GRAND BAZAAR COLLECTION, STICKER BOOK – GRAND BAZAAR COLLECTION, MINI PAPER BLOOMS – ICEBERG and CHEESECLOTH GAUZE.
Happy New Year! And thank you for your support during 2019!
Xx Roxii xX