Today I would like to share with you a set of 4 twist and pop cards that I have created using the Tropical Dreams Collection by Uniquely Creative. As soon as I opened the Creative Cuts I knew they were just perfect for clustering on the front of my cards. The VITAMIN SEA paper from this lovely collection is just perfect for the inside of a set of pop and twist cards. Continue reading if you would like to see how I created these beach themed twist and pop cards.
To create these cards, I followed the steps below:
- Take a sheet of Ivory Cardstock and cut 4x 14 x 14 cm squares
- Stamp elements from the Uncharted Waters Stamps in Kaiser Ink Pad- Flamingo or KaiserInk Pad- Peacock in the corner of each piece and ink the edges using a ink blending tool
- Take the small starfish stamp from the stamp set and stamp randomly over the white space of the pieces in Ranger Distress Oxide- Antique Linen
- Make 4 cards from one piece of Lipstick Cardstock and one piece of Peacock Cardstock (this is a deleted cardstock but could be replaced with Coastal Weave Cardstock)
- Adhere one stamped Ivory piece to the inside of each card (matching colours)
- Take SEASHELLS and cut 4x pieces at 14 x 14 cm and adhere to the other side of the inside of each card
- To create the mechanism, begin with cutting 4 pieces of spare card stock to 20 x 8.5 cm
- Measure 5.5 cm from each end of the long side and using a scoring board to create diagonal folding lines from these points
- Turn mechanism strip over and fold lengthways through the centre (this fold should be a valley when compared to diagonal folds as mountains)
- Fold along all the lines to bring mechanism into a house shape
- Repeat for all 4 mechanisms
- Measure 3 cm form the bottom of the right leg of each house and fill with double sided tape as well as the roof of the house
- Repeat on the other side
- Take 2x VITAMIN SEA papers and cut horizontally to from 6 strips
- Select four strips and fold into quarters with the rectangles on the inside
- Prepare the double sided sticky tape on the “legs” of the houses
- Slip the folded sections in between the house “legs”, making sure that the rectangles will open to point away from the mechanism
- Remove the backing from the double sided tape adhered to the “roof” on the back
- Adhere to the middle of bottom section, inside of the card, about 1 mm down from the fold
- Repeat steps above for the other side
- After closing the card, press on the mechanism firmly and open the card to observe the mechanism working
- The inside of the cards are now complete!
Time to create the front of these cards!
- Cut a sheet of White Cardstock into four squares at 13 x 13 cm each
- Select four different stamps to stamp onto the square pieces
- Stamp onto two, in Kaiser Ink Pad- Flamingo, and the other two with KaiserInk Pad- Peacock
- Ink the edges of all pieces
- Apply some Ranger Oxide Ink- Faded Jeans to an Inkssentials Craft Sheet, apply some water
- Dip the blue stamps pieces into the diluted ink and allow to dry
- Repeat the above steps using Ranger Oxide Ink- Antique Linen onto the pink stamped pieces
- Cut 2x squares at 14 x 14cm from UNDER THE SEA and adhere to the pink cards
- Adhere the pink stamped pieces on top of these
- Repeat the above steps with WAVES, the blue cards and the blue stamped pieces
- Create clusters of burlap and Creative Cuts, either directly onto the cards or separately and adhere to the cards
- For the final step, splatter KaiserMist- Gold onto the blue cards and KaiserMist-Candy onto the pink cards
I hope you have enjoyed reading about how I created these beach themed twist and pop cards! I definitely recommend creating some fun projects using the Tropical Dreams Collection, especially the Creative Cuts. Keep an eye out for the recycled layout that I have also created this month using this gorgeous collection.
Be safe, stay healthy and keep crafting!