When I heard the words “Mum, can you make me a scary Door Hanger” I just knew that I had to use the Stampotique stamps by Jill Plenney & Daniel Torrente. Merley chose the Prom Queen Stamp as the main image but also insisted on using the Kaisercraft Love Notes papers. Hmm, a scary Door Hanger using the Love Notes papers – now there’s a challenge.
After sticking the paper to the Door Hanger I stamped all round the edges and slightly towards the centre with the Stampotique Splatter Long & Splatter Blob Stamps using Kaisercraft Black, Hot Pink and Lilac Ink Pads. I also stamped random Spider Webs (using the Web stamp) over the centre of the Door Hanger. I just kept going until I had an effect I was happy with.
The heads sticking out from behind the paper are from Weasel and Sheer. I gave the Prom Queen some Bat Wings by stamping and cutting out the Stampotique Batty and placing it behind her. I coloured parts of the Prom Queen’s dress using some Promarkers and finished off the hanger with a little strip of Kaisercraft Lace, some Rhinestones and some Mini Alpha’s.
I used the following products to make the door hanger:
- W041 – Kaisercraft Door Hanger
- P606 – Adore paper (Love Notes Collection)
- MA501 – Mini Alpha Stickers, Black/White
- EM929 – Kaisercraft Lace, Black
- IP707 – Kaisercraft Mini Ink Pad, Black
- IP713 – Kaisercraft Mini Ink Pad, Hot Pink
- IP715 – Kaisercraft Mini Ink Pad, Lilac
- SS-6051 – Stampotique Rubber Stamp, Prom Queen
- SS-6105 – Stampotique Rubber Stamp, Puss Puss
- SS-6115 – Stampotique Rubber Stamp, Weasel
- SS-6022 – Stampotique Rubber Stamp, Sheer
- SS-3033 – Stampotique Rubber Stamp, Batty
- SS-3025 – Stampotique Rubber Stamp, Web
- SS-3014 – Stampotique Rubber Stamp, Splatter Long
- SS-3013 – Stampotique Rubber Stamp, Splatter Blob
I also used Crystal Laquer, a couple of Promarkers and a few odd Rhinestones. Note that, in this example I used several Stampotique stamps but a similar effect can be achieved with fewer images if desired.