I hope you have all had good summer capturing memories along the way. I know I certainly have! I have used some of my summer photo’s on this layout that I have created using the Sunny Village Collection by ScrapBoys and the Uniqolour Markers. I fell deeply in love with the sunflowers in this collection. They remind we of summers growing up, my mum always had sunflowers growing in the garden. So I have run with a yellow and brown on white theme with this project.
To create this project I have followed to steps below:
- Trim strip from SUNNY VILLAGE – PAPER 03.
- Stamp the strip from CLEAR STAMPS – BOMBAY SUNSET COLLECTION along the top and bottom of the page in KAISERINK PAD – CHOCOLATE.
- Using the same ink, ink through DIAMONDS MINI DESIGNER STENCIL to create two semi-circles on the left and the right sides of the page.
- Take an acrylic stamping block and a yellow UNIQOLOUR MARKER, scribble onto the block and then use the water brush to water it down as desired, turn the block over and “stamp” the water colour onto the layout. I have added the watercolour on the inside and outside of my inked semi-circles.
- Cut a second page of SUNNY VILLAGE – PAPER 03 directly in half.
- Fussy cut the two halves of the flower ring.
- Matt each half ring with CHEESECLOTH GAUZE and adhere to opposing sides of the page.
- Fussy cut the two circle frames from SUNNY VILLAGE – PAPER 05, including removing the centres.
- Size, cut and adhere photos to centre of the frames.
- Foam tape framed photo to layout, each inside a semi-circle.
- Fussy cut and embellish with the bee’s and the yellow butterflies from SUNNY VILLAGE – PAPER 07 and left overs from SUNNY VILLAGE – PAPER 03 (no.1).
- Further embellish with RHINESTONES – DEEP YELLOW and KAISERMIST SPRAY INK – YELLOW 50ML.
I hope I have inspired you to create a layout with the Sunny Village collection to document those memories captured this summer.
Stay Safe and Happy Crafting!