49 & Market Layout
I recently created this layout using the gorgeous 49 and Market Curators Botanical collection. My layout features lots of beautiful layers, hand stitching and fussy cutting. Below are some instructions for you to follow to recreate it.
The dimension was created by layering up all the fussy cut elements - and by stitching all the mats under the photo.
Here are some brief instructions for you to follow:
1) - For the base I have used the Solids 4 paper, if you don't have this, some colour coordinating blue card stock will also work, cut this down to 12 x 12 to form your base.
2) - Cut the Garden Clippings paper down to 29.5 x 29.5cm square, sew around the edges with a bright blue thread. Mat this onto your base.
3) - Cut a section from the Records paper measuring about 17cm wide x 15cm high, cut this from the left hand top corner edge to take in the green colour corner on the script side of the paper. Then fussy cut all the flowers and foliage from the rest of the paper. I have then fussy cut at least two more sheets of this paper. Sew around the cut out section with the blue thread, then mat this onto your layout about 5cm in from the left hand edge and about 5cm down from the top edge.
4) - From a second sheet of the Garden Clippings paper cut a section measuring about 19cm wide x 14.5cm high, sew around the edges, to save time you don't need to sew the bottom edge as this won't be showing. Then mat this onto your layout about 8.5cm down from the top of your layout and about 4.5cm in from the right hand edge.
5) - I have fussy cut four of the Les Fleurs paper, (as I wanted the bright blue flower which there was only one of on the paper) you could get away with two as there are other blue flowers on some of the other papers. there are lots of other little floral elements you could fussy cut and add, I have even stamped and fussy cut a few leaves etc, to bulk it out. Put all these to one side.
6.) - Cut your photo down to 9cm wide x 12.5cm high, from a spare piece of paper cut out a at for the photo and sew along the top and down the left hand edge, mat your photo onto this then mat both onto your layout, kind of central on top of the last mat you put on there.
7) - Cut a couple of other spare pieces of paper these will go either side of all the sewn mats, just sew along the tops and down one side. Cut a few more spare pieces to tuck around your layout and below your photo.
8) - Now to arrange all your fussy cut elements around your photo, add foam pads to some to give height, shape others, build up your clusters, tuck in bits of black and white floral elements and leaves. Add three large blue butterflies and black rhinestones to the centres of the butterflies and blue flowers to finish.
9) - I have used many of the same paper, you could always add other colour coordinating fussy cut elements which you have to hand, you don't always have to use elements from the same collection. Stamps are also a good way to add extra detail.....and by stamping on colour coordinating card or paper they will then match.
Check out lots of other close up images of this layout
Hugs and happy scrapping!!