Bonus third layout - Silence Scrapbooking Layout Kit
Hi Crafty friends,
Here is the bonus third layout that's included in the new 'Silence' scrapbooking kit. You can find the instructions below.
You can find lots of close up images of this layout and the other two over on my Instagram page - the_fussy_cutter
This layout features lots of beautiful fussy cut flowers, foliage and flourishes along with layered butterflies and a hand stitched heart at its centre.
Below are some instructions for you to follow so you can re-create the layout.
- Cut one of the 01 papers (floral side up) down to 12 x 12 inches to form your base. Sew around the edge using three strands of cotton, do not sew over the floral edges.
- On the second 01 paper, lightly draw a heart in the centre measuring about 24.5cm across and about 21cm high from the point of the heart at the bottom up. Cut it out and sew around the edges of it. Mat this heart onto your base.
- Mat your 8cm wide x 11cm high photo onto some spare paper, then mat your photo onto your layout towards the left hand side of the heart. Do not stick the edges down completely as you will need to tuck under some embellishments.
- If you have completed the other two layouts use what you have left of all the fussy cut flowers, butterflies, leaves and flourishes. First tuck either side of your photo, the fussy cut shutters/windows.
- Now create your floral clusters around your photo.
- Shape and layer some up, add foam pads to others to give height and dimension.
- Refer back to the image of where to place your fussy cut elements.
- Your layout is now finished.
Don't forget to check out my Instagram page - The fussy cutter for lots of extra close up images of this layout and more. I will also be adding sneak peeks at a later date of the collection I will be using for the next kit.
Please feel free to add your finished layouts and projects to our Facebook Group here