Bright & Soft layout by Chrissy
I have been busy fussy cutting again, I couldn't resist the gorgeous "Bright & Soft" collection from ScrapandMe. I love the pretty colours running through this collection and it was a dream fussy cutting all those beautiful pink flowers.
I have also used some lovely chipboards from 2Crafty Chipboard, I am looking forward to stocking some of these early next year and using them in kits. For now though I have used some beautiful chipboard flourishes and a border in this layout.
My layout features lots of beautiful fussy cut flowers, foliage & butterflies, I have also added some hand stitching and a little misting. Please see below a list of products used and brief instructions.
Pop over to my Instagram page "the fussy cutter" for more close-ups.
- ScrapandMe Bright & Soft collection
- Cut-out sheet, Cover x 2
- Cut-out sheet, Flowers x 3
- Paper 05-06 x 2
- Paper (from Pink Blossom 2 collection) 07-08 x 1
- Snow Pearls
Extras I have used, grey cotton for hand stitching and the chipboard flourishes and border. You could use dies and a border punch for this.
- Use the wood effect paper as your 12 x 12 base. Cut the pink section from both 05-06 papers, mat onto the wood effect base, just leaving a strip showing down the left hand side.
- Do some hand stitching three times on the base and then mist lightly with some grey ink. Mat your photo towards the top of your layout, my photo measures about 8cm wide x 10cm high.
- Fussy cut all the flowers, foliage and pink butterflies from all the cut-out sheets, I have also cut out some of the window frames and arranged them around my photo.
- Layer up and cluster all your fussy cut elements around your photo, use foam pads to some to give height, shape others, this all adds to the finished look.