Lavender Haze scrapbooking kit - bonus layout
If you are reading this post, it means you have bought the gorgeous 'Lavender Haze' kit and you are wanting to create the third bonus layout. I hope you enjoyed creating the first two layouts, if you have done those then you should be left with one sheet of paper and some bits and pieces and a few fussy cut flowers and leaves and the little bag of extra embellishments that was included in kit.
Here is the bonus layout:
You can find lots of other images and close-up's of this layout and the other two, over on my instagram page 'the fussy cutter'
Here are some instructions for this layout
- Cut the remaining paper 07-08 down to 12 x 12 to form your layout base. Pale side up, then turn it around so the floral cluster is in the top left hand corner.
- Take your 9.5cm wide x 13.5cm high photo, place it (not stick it yet) onto your base about 8.5cm in from the left hand edge and about 9.5cm up from the bottom of your layout then lightly draw around it, then put it to one side for now. You now know where your photo will be matted, doing this helps with the next few steps.
- Take some bits and pieces of leftover paper, use an edge punch on them, I had enough left over to make double rows of punched strips, mat these going from top to bottom and across your layout - you don't need a lot of pieces because you only place these where you will see them - so don't place them under the photo or where you will have your flower clusters (see image)
- Then sew some lines in the top right hand corner section using three strands of cotton. (ignore my slightly darker sewn line, I used the wrong colour lol!!!) You don't need to sew under where your photo will go.
- Add some foam pads to the back of your photo, now mat this onto your layout, leave the edges unstuck a little.
- Fussy cut the circle rope, frames from the cover of the pack, cut out the flowers from the centres, you can add these to your flower clusters. Use these and all your other leftover fussy cut flowers and leaves to create your clusters. One cluster on the top right hand corner of your photo, the other on the bottom left hand corner of your photo. Also add a little cluster to the top left hand corner of your photo.
- Add the circle rope frames to each flower cluster.
- If you haven't already, open the little bag of extra embellishments that were included in the kit - add the die-cut flourishes to your layout, I have cut a little bit off both to add it to the top left hand corner of my photo, add the larger pieces to the other two flower clusters. Then tuck little pieces of the gauze in and around your flowers and your photo. All you need to do to use this is to pull it apart.
- Add three butterflies to your layout fussy cut from the pack cover. I have then added some Rhinestones from my own stash & a little purple misting to finish.
Your layout is now finished xXx
Below are some close-ups of the layout - you can also find a lot more over on my instagram page The fussy cutter
Thank you everyone,
My next kit will be available in September.