Lilac Mist (Add-on kit) Layout & instructions
Hi Crafty friends,
I have designed this layout using my brand new 'Magical Mehndi' stamp set. If you have or are going to purchase the 'Elegance' Scrapbooking kit as well, the stamp set is included in that kit. If you just want to purchase this Add-on kit then you can purchase the stamp here.
I have put together all the papers you will need to create this layout, you can find the Single page Add-on kit here. Don't forget to purchase the stamp set if you are not purchasing the Elegance kit.
My layout features lots of beautiful stamped and fussy cut flowers, foliage, swirls and butterflies, layers, dimension and beautiful hand stitching.
Below are some instructions for you to follow so you can re-create the layout.
- Cut the info strip from Bouquet paper to form your 12 x 12 base (navy side up) put the butterfly (info) strip to one side for use later. Gut the middle of the navy paper leaving about a 3cm edge all around. The gutted paper is for stamping on.
- Cut the Posy paper (pink side up) down to 29.5cm x 29.5cm, gut the centre leaving about a 3cm edge all around. Mat this edge onto the Navy base edge from Step 1. The gutted paper is for stamping on.
- Cut the Flutter paper down to 28.5cm x 28.5cm, using the stitching template in the kit, place this over the paper central top and bottom, then prick through the dots, sew using three stands of cotton from the kit.
- Mat the stitched paper onto your layout. Cut two small circles from the navy gutted paper about 8cm across, sew around the edges, then mat these onto your layout, refer to image for the positioning. Cut your photo down to about 8cm wide x 9cm high. Mat this onto your layout and over the navy stitched circles. Leave the edges unstuck to tuck under some spare pieces of paper to the right hand side and across the bottom of your photo and the butterfly info strip.
- Now it's time for all the stamping and fussy cutting.
- Refer to the image above for which flowers, foliage & flourishes to stamp, using all the previous gutted pieces of paper. Also fussy cut the A4 Leaves sheet. The tiny flowers are cut from the centres of the larger flowers. Also fussy cut the butterflies. I have doubled up most of the flowers and all the butterflies.
- Refer back to the image of where to place your fussy cut elements, shape them and layer them up, use foam pads to give height (or your choice of adhesive). Add black rhinestones to the centres of some of the flowers and butterflies.
- Your layout is now finished.
Don't forget to check out my Instagram page - The fussy cutter for lots of extra close up images of this layout and more. I will also be adding sneak peeks at a later date of the collection I will be using for the next kit.
Please feel free to add your finished layouts and projects to our Facebook Group here