Summer Days layout kit - bonus project
Hi Everyone, here is the bonus layout I created with a couple of the left over papers from my latest Scrapbooking kit - Summer Days. This layout features lots of stamping, fussy cutting and stitching - so if you want to re-create it, you will need a flower stamp and leaf stamps - and maybe a flourish stamp or a die will also work. The bonus layouts are all about using the left over papers but adding in stamped images using stamps from your own stash - as I don't know about you - I have heaps of stamps that otherwise wouldn't get used. If you didn't get the kit - as it is sold out - we do have the Sunflowers collection in stock on the website.
I have used the "Paper Roses" Doodle flowers stamp set, I love this set and often use the individual stamps on many of my layouts.
You can find lots of close up images of this layout over on my Instagram page - The fussy cutter
Here are some brief instructions to help:
I bet your thinking - omg, look at all that stitching, well I do like to challenge you and it is quite relaxing actually. For me it is all part of creating layouts, I don't see it as something I have to rush and do, or see it as a chore, if it takes a whole evening (or two) so what, just like the fussy cutting I love stitching as well.
I hand drew the starburst pattern, detail below:
Cut your second piece of 01-02 paper down to 12 x 12 to form your base. (plain side up) then with a pencil draw a starburst pattern. Firstly I lightly drew a line going from the top right hand corner all the way down to the bottom left hand corner, then done the same thing - top left hand corner down to bottom right hand corner. So you have got like a huge cross the size of the paper. Then with the same principle fill in the in between sections. You may want to mark them out first to get equal spaces, but a more random pattern will also work. I have done seven lines in between each corner line. Then find the centre and mark out where your photo will go. The reason for this is that you then don't need to prick out and stitch behind where your photo will be. Once all the lines are done you can now prick out the holes, either with a ruler or a Sew Easy Tool (which is what I use) Another idea is to do this on a separate piece of 12 x12 paper or card, then place this over your paper and prick through the already pricked holes - you can then keep the first starburst as a template for future projects.
- Using the leftover yellow cotton from the kit - and two other shades (I have used DMC threads 3822 & 3823) but any other yellow shades will also work. Stitch your starburst randomly using 3 strands of cotton.
- Mat your photo onto a spare piece of paper, then mat it onto your layout in the centre.
- Using all the spare little pieces of paper, stamp your flowers and leaves, then fussy cut.
- Fussy cut some flowers from the second piece of 05-06 paper, sunflowers and the cream coloured flowers, you could also use any foliage from the paper.
- Arrange all your flowers, leaves and flourishes around your photo, in the top right hand corner and bottom left hand corner. Layer and shape them, to give height use foam pads.
- Take your time, I often spend hours pushing all the embellishments about until I like where they are, then stick them down. Add butterflies and a little colour coordinated misting.
Don't forget to check out my Instagram page - The fussy cutter for lots of extra close up images of this layout and more. I will also be adding sneak peeks at a later date of the collection I will be using for the next kit. I appreciate a like and follow.
The Fussy Cutter!!!!